Summary of Qualifications
- HPC: SLURM, PBS/Torque, Beowulf, Lustre.
- HPC Applications: Hadoop, Spark, MATLAB Parallel Server, Galaxy, GNU Parallel.
- MATLAB, Mathematica, Abacus, HyperWorks, Paraview, VMD, COMSOL, FFTW, ATLAS, GROMACS, Star-CCM+, BLAST+, Bowtie, Cufflinks, MrBayes, SAMTools, R, Python, Java, FORTRAN, CUDA, Git, SVN.
- Servers: Linux, macOS, Windows, and VMWare ESXi, Containers, remote imaging.
- LDAP/FreeIPA, DNS, Postfix, DHCP, PFSense, Apache, Postfix, MySQl, MongoDB.
- Mass storage administration, backup, recovery.
IT Services Specialist
University of New Mexico, Albuquerque NM, March 2016 – Present
- Assist in the design, power, and cooling specifications for planned machine room in the Physics and Astronomy, Interdisciplinary Science building.
- Specify, Design, Purchase, and Assemble Linux Clusters.
- Maintain Linux clusters in a research environment.
- Administer and maintain Linux workstations and servers across the College of Arts and Sciences.
- Maintain and manage Linux infrastructure (NIS, LDAP, Postfix, Bind, PFSense, DHCP, MySQL, Apache).
- Manage segments of private and public network in assigned departments.
- Ensure all machines in assigned departments are secure and the network is safeguarded.
- Provide application for research software (i.e. MATLAB, Paradigm, Petrel, Aquarius).
- Design, implement, and maintain ASPIRE visualization lab.
- Manage College of Arts and Science data center.
Archuleta LLC, Albuquerque NM, June 2009 – Present
- Provide consulting services for individual users and small business.
- Service and maintain web servers.
- Provide consulting for solutions based on cloud infrastructure hosting.
Center for Advanced Research Computing, University of New Mexico, Albuquerque NM, April 2013 – February 2016
- Configured and deployed, and Manage 200 node Beowulf “Galles” cluster.
- Tape library (2×80 TB) administration, backup, and recovery using HP Data Protector.
- Linux server and cluster installation, administration (SUSE, RHEL, CentOS, macOS, Ubuntu).
- R&D, as a member of the CARC Systems Group. Advanced technology tracking, evaluation, and deployment.
- Experience in researching, specifying, and purchasing servers and equipment.
- Help desk management, user training, and support.
User Service Consultant II
IT Customer Service, University of New Mexico, Albuquerque, NM, January 2012 – April 2013
- Train new hires at the UNM IT Service Desk
- Provide phone support for UNM services Email, Banner, Hyperion, Learn, and MyUNM
- Gained proficiency in the Cherwell Service Management System
- Provide end user support for UNM public facing Linux services
- Create and maintain internal and external technical documentation
- Create work orders and bill customers for phone lines, pagers, and alarms.
- Knowledge on the handling FERPA data.
Bachelor of Arts in Economics
University of New Mexico, Albuquerque, NM, Bachelors: December 2015.
H. Al-Azzawi, B. Archuleta. Software-Defined Networking for HPC: The HPE/UNM Mandelbrot Project. Presented at the Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE) Theater, SC15 International Conference and Exposition, Austin, TX, 15-20, (2015).
H. Al-Azzawi, and B. Archuleta. Three-Dimensional Heat Maps of the Flow of Information Through Social Networks. Technical presentation and demonstration, SC14 International Conference and Exposition, New Orleans, LA, 16-21, (2014).
Hadoop: Configured the first Apache Hadoop cluster for the Center for Advanced Research Computing (CARC) as a sub-section of a Beowulf cluster called Galles and configured Apache Spark to run on demand.